Saturday, January 24, 2009

Challenging Times ???

For most of my 19 + years at my place of employment I've worked 50 plus hours per week. I'm salary plus, meaning that although my wages are set at a fixed amount per month I also enjoy the benefit of overtime for any time that exceeds a 40 hour work week. In the current economic environment all company's are looking for ways to cut expenses. I was ask to reduce my overtime hours by 25% while maintaining the same level of production and quality. This has proven to make an already stressful job even more so, leaving the weekends with time to contemplate how I'm going to get the coming week's work accomplished. The reduction in overtime hours has also presented a budgeting challenge. After living on "x" amount of $$$ for so long we now must purge an already lean budget while watching our retirement $$$ dwindle. While composing this entry and watching the morning news (Fox) I've realized that we may actually be among the fortunate in this country. You may also have these types of challenges in your life. Your situation may be far more dire. There's hope !! God's word tells us " But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and thrown into the furnace, howmuch more will He clothe you? You men of little faith! - Luke 12:28. Forgive me Lord ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always great to hear the true expression of your heart. and there is certainly no shame when arrive at the Bible before being consumed with fear or worry. i listened to a new favorite author/pastor of mine (francis chan) on sunday morning, and he challenged his listener to pray that God provide neither riches, nor poverty, but simply what they need for today. how easy to agree in spirit, but how challenging to actually pray it.