Monday, November 16, 2009

things i would tell my parents .... if i could

For many of us life passes far to quickly. Here are a few things i would say to mom and dad ... if i could.

i love you .... i should have told you more often
i miss you more than anyone can ever know
i miss seeing you
i miss hugging you
i miss talking to you on the phone
i miss hearing your voice
thank you for loving me ... even though at times i gave you reason not to
thank you for being such good parents ... and good examples
thank you for taking me to church
thank you for taking me to family reunions
thank you for showing me that "things" are not important, family is
thank you for being such good examples of Godly parents
your grandchildren are wonderful young adults
your great grandchildren are wonderful and so much like you both

What words do you need to speak to your parents ?


2 comments:

Kristyn Knits said...

wow. this is great!
I'd say many of those same things to them! and...
I miss your hugs, they were always so tight!
I miss hearing your greeting "hey, kid".
I miss seeing the Kleenex box in the back window of your car.
I miss your laugh.
I miss you!

mark said...

you nailed the "honor your father and mother" thing. what simple, meaningful and honorable things to say!